Chris Fremantle is a producer and researcher working in the arts. He’s always seeking to learn from what he’s doing, and to share that with others. In this way the producing and researching support each other.
He’s also recently been described as a man with more hats than a hat shop.
His research outputs are here.
His skills and competencies include:
- Strategy (scoping the big picture, identifying key issues, framing processes)
- Commissioning Artists (conceptualising projects, writing briefs, preparing contracts)
- Project Managing (budget and programme).
- Researching (framing, investigating and articulating practice). You can find a complete academic CV at academia.edu
- Outreach and education (developing processes of engagement with inhabitants, communities, educational institutions)
- Fundraising (public sector, trusts and foundations, high value donors, sponsorship). Fremantle is a Professional Member of the Institute of Fundraising
NHS Ayrshire & Arran
Robert Gordon University
University of the West of Scotland
South Ayrshire Council
Helix Arts, Newcastle
Fremantle initiated ecoartscotland as a platform for practice and research.
contact: chris at fremantle dot org or +44 07714 203016